IPP welcomes spontaneous applications from talented researchers and professionals with a strong passion for public policy and institutional reform in Portugal, Portuguese-speaking countries, and Europe. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get in touch with you as soon as interesting opportunities arise.
- Help develop and implement IPP’s communication and outreach activities
- Create and manage social media content
- Update website content
- Manage mailing list and prepare regular online newsletters
- Monitor the online impact of publications and outreach activities
- Prepare offline communication materials
- Organize and maintain stakeholder and marketing databases
- Provide general administrative and operational support to the Board of Directors
- Assist in the preparation of internal meetings
- Support event management
- Manage event logistics (transportation, accommodation, etc.)
- Provide copy editing support to ongoing research projects and publications
- Be part of the vibrant, ambitious multidisciplinary team that has been setting up IPP with the aim of becoming the “go-to” think tank in Portugal
- Take part in exciting international and Portuguese policy research and advocacy projects
- Work and live in the “most fun city in Europe”
- Discuss and work closely with renowned and experienced academics, in a fluid, horizontal work environment where free-thinking and creativity are strongly encouraged
- A bachelor’s degree in Management, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations. A master’s degree is not mandatory but would be considered of extra value. Graduates with backgrounds in Economics, Political Science or other social sciences are also welcome to apply.
- An interest in economic policy and political institutions or, more generally, in economics, politics, history, current affairs, at the Portuguese, European and/or community Portuguese-speaking countries levels.
- Previous experience working in an academic/non-profit setting, as well as any experience in marketing, online marketing, event management or administrative assistance professional environment, is highly valued.
- Proficiency in both English and Portuguese is crucial (a recognised certificate or equivalent experience would be highly valued). Other languages of the EU (especially French, German, Spanish) would also be valued.
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Working knowledge of WordPress or other CMS and/or HTML/CSS would be highly appreciated, as of graphical software or other useful for drafting and document design (e.g. Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Eligibility for the IEFP “Estágio Emprego” programme is valued (though not mandatory)
- Desired “soft skills”: Team spirit; entrepreneurial attitude; strong work ethic; tidiness and attention to detail; ability to work under pressure, tight deadlines and varying workloads.
Terms and conditions
- 11 months full-time post (February to December)
- The successful candidate may be offered an extension after this period, based on performance and opportunity
- Salary, benefits and exact role depend on profile and experience
- The selected candidate should be available to begin work by 6th February 2017 at the latest, but ideally before
How to apply
- DEADLINE: 29th January 2017
(Please be advised that the position may be filled before, so early application is encouraged)
- Submit to email@example.com, mentioning reference «EXEC-2017-1» in the subject line:
- CV (non-Europass)
- A short cover letter stating your motivation to apply for a vacancy at IPP (max. 3500 characters and spaces) is strongly recommended, though not mandatory
- Selected candidates are invited to an interview in Lisbon or, if necessary, via Skype
- Any queries may be addressed to Luís Teles Morais at firstname.lastname@example.org