IPP is hiring! We are looking for a young economist, with a strong interest in public finance and economics, to start a 9-month full time internship as soon as possible (deadline for applications 20th June, but the position may be filled before).
- Provide general research and drafting support to ongoing projects at IPP TJ-CS in the fields of public economics and public finance
- Propose, contribute to, assist with and/or manage new small projects at IPP TJ-CS, including those leading to policy-oriented publications (policy papers, reports, etc.) and/or academic publications
- Coordinate the preparation of applications for government and privately-funded grants and other funding opportunities, as well as underlying projects
- Contribute to and support day-to-day operations at IPP TJ-CS
- A bachelor’s degree in Economics, with an above-average academic track record and a strong quantitative background. Studies at the masters’ or PhD level are not required but would be assessed favourably.
- A proven interest in public finance and institutions, at the local and European levels. An interest in specific topics such as local government or the welfare state would be well regarded.
- Previous experience in preparing applications for and/or taking part in the management of projects under research grants would be highly valued. Any additional professional experience would also be taken into consideration.
- Proficiency in English is essential – particularly, excellent drafting ability is key. Working knowledge of other languages of the EU (Portuguese, French and German in particular) would also be valued.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Working knowledge of statistical packages (STATA, R, EVIEWS, SPSS) is valued, as of other software, useful for document production (e.g. Visio, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Desired “soft skills”: Team spirit; entrepreneurial attitude; strong work ethic; profound social and political conscience; excellent communication and presentation ability; demonstrated ability to work autonomously, under pressure, tight deadlines and varying workloads
How to apply
- To apply, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning reference code «ROFF-2015-3» in the subject line:
- CV (non-Europass).
- Copy of most recent official academic certificate (e.g. bachelor or master degree diploma/”certificado de habilitações”).
- Short cover letter stating your motivation to apply for a vacancy at IPP TJ-CS (max. 3500 characters and spaces)
- A sample of your writing (any original document in English, not necessarily academic, but it must be related to the fields covered by IPP TJ-CS).
Check out additional details in the call, available here.