No Institute of Public Policy procuramos permanentemente talentos com uma paixão especial pelas políticas públicas e pela reforma institucional. Deixe-nos o seu CV, enviando e-mail para firstname.lastname@example.org, e será contactado assim que surja uma oportunidade que lhe possa interessar.
Vacancy para Researcher and Executive Assistant
(Open to Portuguese and international applicants)
- Provide research assistance to an innovative project in applied economics:
- Conduct and organize literature reviews
- Data collection, organization and compilation
- Process and transform data sets using statistical and/or econometric techniques
- Assist in econometric modelling and data analysis
- Report drafting and presentation of results
- Assist in project management
- The topic of this project is related to understanding possible generational imbalances implicit in the recent history and future projections of public finances in Portugal, comparing the cost in terms of taxes and social contributions levied and the benefit from social benefits and public services.
- A bachelor’s degree in Economics, with an above-average academic track record and a strong quantitative background is mandatory. The ideal candidate will have completed at least the curricular part of an MSc in Economics.
- An interest in macroeconomics and public finance would be well regarded.
- Proficiency in English, and a working knowledge of Portuguese, is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Working knowledge of statistical packages (STATA, R or EVIEWS) is important. Additionally, knowledge of MATLAB would be valued.
- Desired “soft skills”: Team spirit; strong work ethic; profound social and political conscience; excellent communication and presentation ability; demonstrated ability to work autonomously, under pressure, tight deadlines and varying workloads
Terms and conditions
- Full-time (35 hours per week) internship for the duration of 9 months (January-September 2019)
- Benefits and exact role depend on profile and experience of applicant
- The selected candidate should be available to begin work within the first week of January.
- Flexible working schedule both in terms of working hours and over the project cycle
- Working remotely for part of the time possible
How to apply
- Applications accepted as soon as possible
- Please submit to email@example.com, mentioning reference code «ROFF-2018-2» in the subject line:
- CV (non-Europass).
- Copy of most recent official academic transcript with grades
- Short cover letter stating your motivation to apply for this vacancy (max. 3500 characters and spaces)
- A sample of your writing (any original document in English, preferably academic).
- Selected candidates will be invited to an interview in Lisbon or, if necessary, via Skype
- Any queries may be addressed to Luís Teles Morais at firstname.lastname@example.org